Tuesday, July 28

"It's all cosmetic, darlin' "

Entry way - formal dining to right, hallway to 3 BRs to left

Master BR, looking towards back yard
Game room (Paul's coveted media room)
Master BA
Backyard, where horse and cow occasionally saunter by
From kitchen, looking to family room


We had the home, termite, foundation and septic tank inspections completed today. And, the house did remarkably well, minus some very cosmetic things that need fixing. No foundation problems (which is a big deal down here due to the soil), no termites, nothing huge. Just need to treat the lawn for fire ants (youch!!) and put some extra insulation in the attic. The rest is merely cosmetic as I'm told.

So, we move forward with the house. We have already been shopping for flooring and appliances. What a pricey package it all will be, but the money used will be the excess we saved, not reaching our expected budget for a house. What a blessing! I would die if I couldn't rip up the carpet right away and replace it with better flooring. What nasty, stained carpet!

Did you know they make sprinkler systems that draw water off the septic tank (if you have one on your property, that is) ? Me neither. That is the kind of sprinkler system we have. The inspector made a special point of saying to "not let the dog play in the sprinkler" since it contains fecal bacteria." He also said to make sure to turn the sprinklers off when mowing. They come on sporadically when there is excess water that needs to be drawn off. So, if ever I should become insanely crafty and decide to turn the sprinklers on while Paul was mowing, he would not just be covered in water, but...well... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

So, I tried to post the pictures after the blog, but it just wont let me. So, sorry for the cruddy layout!

5 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOW!! So envious! It's beautiful, really. You know, having that sprinkler trick in your arsenal could prove handy when needing revenge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, its a steal at the price we paid. Otherwise, it would have been waaaay out of our price range. What a blessing from God! We certainly dont deserve this nice of a house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you deserve it, but I'm a bit biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, shucks! I dont think I do, but I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is gorgeous! And the yard is huuuge! What does the kitchen look like? Do you have other plans for the formal dining room? So carpet and paint and a really good scrub down pretty much and you're ready to go? Good find! That's really exciting! :o)

    ReplyDelete