So, today we decided to take a drive after church. Where, you ask? Well, where else, but to look at houses? Isn't that the story of my life anymore? We left before 1pm and didn't get back until 4:30. Don't worry, we did stop at a park by the lake to collect our (mine mostly) sanity from house shopping overload. I know Paul could tell I was getting cranky and was unflattered by all of his attempts to cheer my mood up. Poor guy. He tried so hard.
So we drove and drove....and drove and drove! Up hills, on interestate, on rinky- dink roads and by golf courses. There are two huge lakes here - lake Ray Hubbard and Lake Lavon. They are close by each other, so we are trying to find a house within about 15 mins of either. We found some nice houses today that backed up to the lake, but...oh, were we dreamin! They were all around the 300-700k range. Its really remarkable how many huge/expensive houses are down here. Honestly, I don't know what I would do with that much house. Its more space that has to be cleaned, and I would not keep it clean!
So, after our long journey of looking at houses (so long, that I thought my head was going to pop off from boredom) we stopped by the lake. Did I mention we had Lady with us? Poor trooper, she endured 2 1/2 hrs of driving, but then got to stretch her legs in the lake. She was attacking the waves and biting at every bubble the sloshing waves made. We would throw sticks for her in the water, and she would bound over the waves to retrieve them, happy to have freedom from the confinement of the car. Then, it was time to head back home. So we again made our way to the car...
No comments:
Post a Comment