Thursday, July 16

Dreams

Well, yesterday was an eventful day. I actually had one of few outings with a friend (yes! a friend, can you believe it??) to go to coffee and get a haircut. This "friend" is the wife of one of Paul's college friends. She (she will remain nameless, to protect her identity. haha...that sounds so "official". Anyway) is a teacher, but works during the summer at a greenhouse. Pretty cool. She is the kind of person I am, casual, not too girly, likes to plant flowers and work in the yard with a garden, etc. She's not too into shopping, and is a typical southern girl - fiery and sassy (ok, so I'm not a sassy southern girl, but we're alike in many other ways). She's great! So, we had lots of fun chatting it up and swapping stories about our hubbies.

More importantly, we looked at a foreclosure property yesterday. It needs a lot of work (new paint, carpet, fixtures, doors, etc), but it is a steal for the kind of property it is. It has a lot of potential, and the problems it has our mostly cosmetic at this point. We will get an inspection soon, if the bank is willing to work with us. The house has .53 of an acre, is out in the country, is a 2006 new build and is pretty nice. The outside of the house isnt so charming, but the inside is. it has 2600 square feet and a beautiful stone fireplace. There is a tile entry, tiled kitchen and tiled wet areas. If the bank would take our offer, we would save thousands below our budget, with most of the savings going to repairs.

Did I mention the house has been unoccupied since Feb? Yeah. So, there were dead bugs and HUGE dead spiders everywhere. Yuck. This is one time in my life, Margaret, I wish I could beam you down to Texas. You were my hero when it came to killing spiders in my office at MBC! Want to pay a visit?? So, I guess we'll need to clean up the bugs, etc and spray for bugs. Guess they like the country more, so I'll see them more often perhaps. Actually, the dead bug population in the house creeped me out so much, I prayed before I went to bed that I would not dream about spiders. How childish...but there was much honesty behind it!!!

So, what did I dream about? Owen Wilson wanted to buy some property next to us and I was ticked! I was thinking "No! That will drive the price of the house up, and then we wont be able to afford it! Noooo!!!!". I have no idea what he was doing in my dream. Nevertheless, he was there. I guess I'll take Owen Wilson over spider attacks.

2 comments:

  1. Alexa, that house sounds wonderful, even with the bugs! Just for some perspective,some of our friends bought a foreclosed house that people lived in WITHOUT SEWER, WATER, and TRASH for six months. There was one room that was stuffed with pop bottles and takeout containers, among other things. Theirs turned out gorgeous, despite ripping out everything and basically starting over. I hope you get this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! That gives me hope. Its really not too bad, just some cosmetic issues (so far).

    ReplyDelete