We found out today that our counter offer was accepted by the bank. So, we (hopefully) have a house! It is all subject to inspections for termites, foundation, etc. Assuming all goes well we will close on the 31st of August. Whoa! How crazy to think that it took only 3 weeks to sell our house and only 3 weeks to find a house. And, what a steal this house is! I must say, God has really blessed us, and it is not by my power that this all worked out so perfectly. Wow.
The house was originally listed on the market last year at $229k. Once it went into foreclosure, it was reduced a couple different times, then ended up at $179.9k. So, the house has more square feet (2600. yikes!) than we could normally afford, and more land than we could afford (.53 an acre). In the price range we were looking at, we could afford between .20 and .30 of an acre. So, this is a treat!
If anyone feels so obliged to come and help me weed the darn place out, please do. This house is a landscaping nightmare, so I guess I'll have my work cut out for me. It needs a lot of care, but we're kind of excited to embark on the challenge. Maybe once we schedule the inspection and I can get in the house, I'll try and sneak some pics to post on here soon.
Awesome! I love how God works. And 2600 square feet will give you lots of room for lots of kiddos! :o) You'll have to post lots of pictures of the transformation!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen! So true, too much room for just me, paul and the dog :)
ReplyDelete