Monday, August 2

Family


This weekend was a great one. No reason in particular, just that I'm sighing a sigh of relief for how things are finally falling into place here. Things aren't perfect in Texas, but I'm starting to feel like we have a secondary family here, our friends.

We had a co-ed baby shower for a friend in our small group yesterday. I excused Paul from going (we went to one for another group member several months ago and he barely survived the overly feminine games, conversation and gifts) so I was there on my own. Thankfully, one of the other girls' husband opted out , so he and Paul did their accountability meeting and hung out doing manly things together. Anyway, while I was there, I was thinking how comfortable our circle of friends feels. Isn't it great, when you have a group of friends you know well enough, that they can make fun of your short-comings and mistakes (make fun with you, not at you, ya know)? It is so rewarding to have good , quality friendships. Thank you God for such a blessing!

There are now 6 families in our small group that have a newborn or are expecting within 2010. The number of no-child families is fast dwindling, (think we're down to 4 couples) but I feel so content to just be happy for those couples raising young families. You all know there are times where I freak out because we haven't started our family yet, but truly, I am thankful for where we are in life. Paul and I have enough crud to work out before throwing a complication like children into the mix.

And, speaking of crud, don't you just wish you could live in an insulated bubble some days? It would be much easier than facing and fighting with some of the struggles we have on this earth - addictions, frustrations, health issues, bitterness - you name it. Some days I would love to just shut the world "off" and not have to be manipulated and influenced by media and the like. Anyway, that is a WHOLE other blog entry I won't get into!

No comments:

Post a Comment