Wednesday, August 11

Flab


The inevitable has happened. I've had this constant companion over the past couple months and it's continued to make it's presence known. Who is this incredibly uninvited guest? Flab. In the form of a pudgy stomach.

Don't laugh. I realize I'm on the leaner side...mostly because of family genes and a hysterical fear of processed, msg-ridden food- but flab in my abs? SO incredibly disgusting! I admit I'm not a hysterical freak of processed food, but I do my fair share of attempts to make healthy meals with a dinner out to eat here and there and some dessert on occasion. I guess "middle" age is catching up with me.

That, and I don't really do much for toning muscle. Don't ya just hate realizing that you wont have your youthful body forever? Wrinkles are coming, flab is coming and extra weight is on the horizon at some point in everyone's life. No getting away from it. The hard part is shielding yourself from the constant barrage of celebrity pictures on tv, magazines and the internet. I lose more and more faith in celebs to display natural beauty. Who of them hasn't had a tummy tuck, a nose job, a lip job? They are fewer and far between!

Anyhow, we bought this ab cruncher thing the other day and man, it kicks my ba-tooti! I am weeny when it comes to being an ab-crunching machine. I can make it to about 20 before my muscles are burning with rage for trying to whip them into shape. What can I say?

If anything, I guess this recent run in with flab helps me remember our life is so temporary and what we consider to be beauty, truly is fleeting. What we pride ourselves on today, whether it be beautiful hair, manicured nails (or in my case, at least toe nails that ARE painted), or a glowing complexion, external beauty does fade!

Now that we're all sad and depressed, lets go eat some cake! I mean, let's go crunch some abs!

No comments:

Post a Comment