Friday, August 6

Impatience

"Dominoes"


As of today, my sister's baby (Lilah) is a little over one week past her due date. Everything is fine so far and sounds like Lilah's going to be like most other first babies - late! By the way, did you know only 3-4 percent of new moms have their first baby on their actual due date? Yeah, so it's very normal to be late!

Currently, my day revolves around sprinting to the phone every time it beeps or rings with a text or call. We'll just say I'm a liiiiiiiitle excited! Though my sister is hoping Lilah will come soon so she can have a natural labor and delivery, I'm secretly happy that Lilah will be that much more a newborn when I see her in one week! (If you're reading this, E, I'm very sorry!!!)

Hopefully I'll have pictures soon of this new little stubborn girl, but no promises. This brings me to Iowa trip #3 for 2010. We are heading up soon to see Lilah and family, so I plan to soak in all the new family member time as possible. Not sure what our schedule will be like, so if there's extra time, I'll try and make it out to see some of you great Iowa people. No promises though, since my new niece trumps everyone else! No hard feelings :)

I've been contemplating dangerous thoughts lately... about cutting my hair a little shorter. Nothing drastic, just maybe trim it back to my shoulders since its about 4 inches past my shoulders now. I have enjoyed having longer hair, but it's time for a change. I hate how most days I'm not happy with the look and if I want to continue to be cheap and lazy, it must shorten up so it holds it's natural curl better. I'm sure you're all thinking "what's the big deal? Just cut it already!"

I know. Not so much a big deal, but what is it with guys being so infatuated with long hair? I usually hesitate to go short because Paul loves it when my hair is longer. And, because I'm married to him and love him, I do want to make him happy. So maybe I'll just compromise and take 4 or so inches off leaving it around my shoulders...we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. why oh why would it bother me that you want to see your niece when she's more of a newborn?! it doesn't ruffle my feathers one bit! shoot, i'll just be happy if she's out here with the rest of us before all the visitors start arriving from wyoming and texas!! at least we know for sure that if she's not here by 42 wks. (on 8-12-10) i'll accept an induction, which means she should definitely be here by the time YOU are here! :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete