Thursday, July 1

Any quiche fans out there?

I sometimes try new recipes and tell myself I should share those that turn out well with my friends. So, here you go. I've made this about half a dozen times now and I love it every time! It is a simple, quick recipe that only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. I assure you, it is easy! Give it a try and tell me what you think:

Quiche for Gourmands



1 1/4 C heavy cream (I use the milk I have on hand, 2%)
8 oz fresh spinach, without stemmed unless you like the stems :D Eew!
1 t minced garlic
Zest of half a lemon
3 strips of bacon, minced (sometimes I omit this if I don't have bacon on hand)
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 eggs
1/8 C Gruyere or fresh parmesan cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
1 pie crust (easy to make yourself or just buy one at the store)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine heavy cream/milk and eggs in bowl and mix. Add nutmeg, season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In medium saute pan, cook bacon til crispy. When crispy, add lemon zest, garlic and spinach, saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Mix peppers and cheese into egg mixture. Add in spinach mixture as well. Pour egg mixture into pie shell and bake at 275 degrees for one hour , or until set. Enjoy! Note: sometimes I omit the crust if I want a low carb dinner. If no shell is used, I bake at 375 for about 30 mins or until set. I guess that'd be more of a frittata, but just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment