Monday, July 19

Iowa...again.

Yep, we're heading back to Iowa again. This time we're not going to Des Moines, but Burlington for a family reunion for the Lemons. It's also Pauls Grandma's 90th birthday, so even though we were in Iowa 4 weeks ago, we thought this was too important to miss.

Thankfully it will be a short trip, but really! I am dreading all the trips back to Iowa that are ahead of us. In August, I'll come back to see my new niece when she is born (way awesome, dont get me wrong!). Then, my only cousin on my Dad's side is getting marriedi in September. Dont feel like I can miss that. And, throw in there all the Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities. I'm beginning to think maybe we'll spend the major holidays home in Texas. It makes me sad to think about missing those holidays with family, but I cant drive 1300 miles round trip for everything!!!

I've been looking for jobs lately and let me tell you, it is NOT on my favorite things to do list. I hate it. I'd rather watch fire ants build a mound than look for jobs. And I dreaaaaaaad having to get dressed up for an interview and try to impress the interviewer with my witty remarks and well versed responses. Oh yuck. Gag me now! But, I have to do what I have to do. After all, I'm not going to get very far if I don't try. I have such a stinking attitude!

Keep your fingers crossed, better yet, maybe say a little prayer for me that I can find a decent job with a decent commute. In my dreams maybe we could start a family before I end up in a new job? So hard to continue to trust and wait on the Lord. I know I need to, but I'm learning how patient I really am...which is far less than I thought!

6 comments:

  1. okay, if you MUST skip visiting us for some holidays, may i suggest skipping thanksgiving and easter, but NEVER EVER EVER skipping christmas? let's face it, christmas is the mac-daddy of holidays, and you see so many more people at christmas than at thanksgiving and easter. PLUS, christmas is smack dab in the middle of that long stretch we call winter. easter is close enough to summertime, that you'll be back to visit anyway. just think of all the fun memories that will be made this year with lilah's first christmas-- she can't have her aunt lexa and uncle paul m.i.a.!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Yes, I know. We'll have to see...if we come back for Christmas I'm going to have to skip out on the wedding. I just feel like we need to be able to say no to some things. As much as I would love to come back for everything, we have to be careful, too, with how much we are spending on traveling. Why cant some genius come up with teleporting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm all for teleportation. :)
    if you come back at christmas, would you stay longer than you would if you came back for the wedding? the only reason i ask is because jay and i will both be on christmas break (he'll work weekends but have the entire m-f week open). not that we're the people around whom you make your visiting plans, but what can i say? i'm selfishly wanting you here for christmas! i don't know, in my opinion, you should spread out your visits. it'd be a reeeeeally long break between visits if you're here now, here again in a matter of 2 weeks or less, here again and september, and then not here again til sometime long after christmas. i'm just thinking that if i were in your shoes i'd rather have my visits spread out, rather than a big ol' cluster of them, and looooong dry, lonely-for-family spell inbetween. just my opinion- take it for what it's worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. True true. I just hate to miss erin's wedding, but maybe we should skip so we can make it back for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pray that you get pregnant so you don't have to go back to work! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! Thanks! :) Sure feel ready to start a family...just waiting on God!

    ReplyDelete