Monday, July 12

Randomness

Total randomness! It's the only phrase I can think of to describe how me and a new friend got introduced.

I frequent our town's facebook page for local info about businesses, events, people, etc. I've always enjoyed kayaking and Paul and I have considered buying some since we live right by a lake. So, I commented on someone's post about kayaking and she contacted me back asking if I would like to kayak with her some time since she has two boats. Ummm, yeah! Of course I would go!

So, today we met at 7am (it was a bit tough dragging my spoiled butt out of bed at 6am!) and got the boats ready to go and even some fishing poles too. Got to the lake and set out to explore for a couple of hours. We saw egrets, mink, ducks and some fish jump out of the water. We chatted about what we do for fun and also consoled each other on the tough task of finding a job when you live in nowhere-ville. It was great! Who would of thought you could meet a random person on facebook and have such an awesome time together!

Anyway, it just makes me smile - the ways God works to bless us in such creative ways. He knows how I long to have a community of friends and to have this new friend is such a huge blessing among all the others I've seen God provide since moving. "Wow" is all I have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment