The garden's doing alright. I think it's hot enough that nothing wants to grow much. My tomato plants are on strike (sad too, because they're heirloom tomatoes that taste heavenly when home grown). My cucumbers are starting to grow, I have a couple bell peppers that probably wont grow much past a mini stage, but I guess that's better than my stubborn tomato plants that won't give an inch. I have lots of basil and dill still going strong.
Anyway, the point of this post was suppose to be to let you all see what I saw after weeding. Seems like once the hot temperatures hit, the dragonflies come out in big numbers. Not sure why, but I guess it's God way of helping us through the intense heat down here :D . So, here is my blue beauty:
Gorgeous, no? This lil guy had quite a personality too! Call me bored and tell me I dont have a life, but I sat 1 foot away from this guy for a long time and it just kept flying around me and it would come back and land on this same blade of grass over and over. The weirdest thing , was that it's little pencil-eraser sized head kept turning mechanically, checking me out! It was hilarious! So, I took a short video of it on my camera. Please don't judge me for my crappy video quality! It's a pretty lame video, but pay attention to the last 5 seconds of the video and you'll see it's little head move as I described above. Freaky ! Like invasion of the flies or something!
Have a great week all!
Okay, so the video is crappy enough you can't really see it's head turn. Oh well. It was weird, I tell ya!
ReplyDelete