Well, it happened again. My route got changed for the 3rd time for meal deliveries with Meals on Wheels. I can't complain, I know, but still. It's frustrating to just start to get to know the clients on one route, when the administrators change you to a whole other route. I guess that way I meet lots of new people. But still, I'm sad :( . Anyway, I do enjoy the new people on my delivery route, they're super nice. The last delivery I do for the day is a couple that loves to travel (or "did" travel when they were in better health). They are SO very friendly and we often chat for near an hour before I can't stand to put my lunch off any longer.
Today I chatted with them a long time and then they told me their two dogs (that live IN doors of course!) have fleas... annnnnnnd they're too poor to buy the flea preventative that actually works. Oh my. So, now with every slight itch I'm paranoid I have a flea infestation on me. What's worse, is I'm afraid a flea will hitch- hike home with me and cozy up to my dog. Nooo! I do have Lady on a good preventative, so we'll cross our fingers it's as good as people say it is.
I feel petty, but I'm not sure I want to spend much time in the flea house now! I know fleas prefer furry dogs, instead of the (mostly) hairless humans, but still! Am I wrong to think that way? I just don't want to hurt these people's feelings but c'mon. Fleas don't go away and will only get worse if you don't flea bomb the house AND treat the dogs. Something to contemplate...
We got a new dishwasher and I'm thrilled with it. My dishes actually come out clean now! Who knew!??? My only complaint is with the moron that invented stainless steel. Any idea how impossible it is to clean and prevent marks and finger prints on the front? Very! Would I be OCD if I started handling my dishwasher with gloves to prevent finger prints?
As long as they're kid gloves, it's ok.
ReplyDeleteThe meals on wheels thing seems neat. My great-grandma had some one come for that. I bet it is interesting to meet the people.
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for the comments! I enjoy the meal delivery program too. It's been a good way to learn there are more important needs out there than my own!
ReplyDelete