Sunday, June 20

Home again

After a two week long trip to Iowa, we're back. The grass was knee high upon return, the weeds, sadly have won over my veggie garden and I now must face the one thing I've been dreading for a year. Looking for a job. Ack. I know, I know...so spoiled...haven't had to work for a full year. Yep, I know and I sure would LOVE to keep it that way! I haven't missed it at all. Well, maybe the friends part, but not the work part. I hate playing professional and Mrs. "all put together". It's not me. I dont get into careers like some people do. I feel most myself when at home, doing things I love to do.

For now, I think I'll start small and look for part time jobs that don't scream "career!" Maybe something very general/clerical where some bigshot makes all the decisions and I'm just the drone that shows up to work every day, does what I'm told to and escapes back home to do the baking, gardening, and day dreaming I love.

We had a great time In Iowa and for those of you I saw that read this blog, how GREAT it was to see you! I had the best time catching up with old friends, holding new babies and talking with those who are moms to be. I packed boxes and boxes in preparation for my parent's move, trekked up to Cedar Falls and Dubuque to see a college friend and Paul's family and zipped back down to Des Moines for more packing of boxes and catching up with friends.

Now that I'm back, I have many great memories from the trip and anxiously await the next trip north. A very special one...to see my first ever niece! So excited to meet Lilah Brynn, who is due July 29th.

3 comments:

  1. I love you Lexa! I hope you find a job that you enjoy. I always picture working at one of those places where people come in to paint pottery when I think of a fun job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new look of the blog. It's adorable! And I know you will find a fun job. Have you considered the library? I've always wanted to have a little part time job at a library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I would love to find something related to gardening (but I would die being in an outdoor garden center in the summer texas heat!) and I have thought about the library, Amber! Ours is too small at the moment but they are moving to a new building in January 2011. Hmmm...maybe I'll have to keep my ears open for new jobs there?

    ReplyDelete