Monday, September 6

And....we're off!

Our friends Casey and Katie just had their baby boy on Friday, so congrats to you guys! I'm hoping to see Hunter, their new son this week and bring a meal to them before heading out of town. I also helped throw a baby shower for another girl in our small group yesterday. We had tons of fun playing baby shower games and overdosing on sweets and punch. Next baby shower is in two weeks! (and one more to follow shortly after that!)

After a lot of praying and frustrating days, Paul finally got a new job. He probably looked about 6-8 months, so it is a welcome blessing. It's still within Wells Fargo, but a different department, formerly under Wachovia. Seems like its more of a position he'll enjoy and excel in, and also he'll take over a portion of the business that he had years ago (5 years back, I think) that took him to Puerto Rico occasionally...yeah, so I'll definitely be trying to tag along on those trips!

With Paul's new manager working out of CA, Paul was asked to come to Irvine, CA for two weeks to train and meet the CA office. So...I get to tag along and sit by the pool by day, and hit the town/beaches at night when Paul's home. Dont think we'll do any of the theme parks, we're more into the hiking/beach combing/swimming thing. Though I will be looking for jobs by day (in between swimming and sun-bathing), we'll hit the beaches and parks by night. Looking forward to some fresh seafood!

Speaking of jobs, I've officially been looking for about a month. Not much to speak of yet, but just a couple interactions with recruiters. I will most likely have to learn a new industry, since my previous job was with a niche industry. Maybe that's good though, to find something more mainstream where I can learn something new. I feel ready to go back to work, now that I've had my year of fun and ease. I will miss my time volunteering, and visiting friends during the day, but also look forward to meeting more new faces wherever I end up. The only bad thing will be an almost certain 45 min-1 hour commute. Blech! Guess I'll have to start looking for books on cd for my commute!

No comments:

Post a Comment