We have just about three days left here and I'm wondering where the time went. I brought two books to read, of which I'm only mostly through one, I have two different bible studies I've been working on for myself and my small group, of which I've done a fraction of the work, and I have a stack of USA Today to get through as well, compliments of the DoubleTree.
Honestly, I'll miss this place when we're gone. The weather is perfect (ok, a little chilly maybe compared to the oven we call Texas), there are mountains everywhere you look, the ocean is a 20 minute drive away and there are oodles of hiking and bike trails nearby, which Paul and I LOVE!
One thing I wont miss is the glitz and glam feel of this particular area. I definitely wouldn't fit in here, with my laid back super casual and definitely not trendy wardrobe. Sitting in Starbucks the other day, I was amazed at the HUGE difference between the regulars here, vs the regulars around home in TX. I feel outta place here since I'm not making a fashion statement when I leave the hotel. Geez. So, in some ways I do miss my Texas home and the no-nonsense, cut the glitz crap of my small town. I guess it's just a comfortable fit for us back there - not to say we couldn't find a community here that fit us, but I'll take my Texas folk, thank you very much.
We're heading out to a Texas Rangers vs . Los Angeles Angels game tonight, compliments of a Wells Fargo vendor. So, though I don't enjoy watching baseball, I'll go to secretly cheer the Rangers on, knowing it's on the vendor's dime! Who woulda thought I'd have to come all the way to California to see Texas' team play?
No comments:
Post a Comment