This weekend we had our last batch of Iowa visitors. We've had my family, Paul's grandparents, and finally two friends come visit in the last month. It's been busy, but its been so fun to have guests at the house!
This weekend, our friends Alex and Ami came for a few days and we checked out the local asian markets and restaurants. I can now say I've eaten chicken feet, baby squid, and who knows what else. Yes, I'm still alive, too. The chicken feet weren't so bad, just bony. Don't think I'll have those again. Ever! Just the idea of eating chicken feet is enough to make my stomach plunge.
We spent some time at a free asian museum downtown and stopped by our favorite place to take guests - Fountain Place. This plaza has tons of different fountains and falls and towering pines in planters surrounded by water. There's also a restaurant at this plaza that sits a bit below ground, so you sit at eye level indoors, of the water planters. Very cool! Paul, are you listening? This could be a fabulous Anniversary dinner destination! I'll see if I can find some pictures of this plaza from last Fall when we discovered it.
So, since we have no more guests scheduled to visit, I'll start taking reservations now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment