I've neglected the blog long enough, so guess now's a good time to get back at it. We've been busy with outdoor projects and breathing in the fresh air, so I've not been thinkin' of the ol blog.
I'm proud to say I have made a new friend. Yes, I know. I sound like I'm in grade school, when making a new friend was a gigantic victory! (especially for people like me who, back then, were so shy, people thought she did not know how to talk) So, yes, I made a new friend and it's a large victory for me since new friends are few and far between these days!
I met this friend through a City of Lavon Chamber of Commerce Dinner. Paul serves on the Economic Development Board, so we were invited to a free dinner with other city officials. Sound fun? Yeah, I was pretty sure it was going to be lame. But, free food? How can ya go wrong? It turned out to be a fun night and we sat with a couple our age equally happy to have found another couple close in age (we were 1 of 2 young couples among a sea of 50, 60 and 70 somethings!) .
So, me and Cassie swapped numbers at the end of the night with promises to call soon. Which didn't happen until 2 weeks ago...about 2 months after the dinner. Anyway, we've hung out a couple of times now and she's a blast to be around. She's originally from Australia and has the cutest accent. And, she has the most adorable 5 and 2 year old girls. We went to the lake by our home and I took my child (Lady, ha!)along and the girls ate it up! They LOVED playing with Lady and watching her swim after sticks they threw in the water for her.
I guess it's the small things in life that really bring a smile to my face, and making a new friend is by far one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment