Paul's aunt works for a company out of Florida, that hires telecommuters to complete data entry for their company. Before we moved to Texas, I planned to try and work for this company but soon found they weren't hiring.
So, I gave up and just a month ago decided to ask again if they needed any help. Lo and behold, 2 weeks after I asked they responded and said they needed help! Yahoo! So, I will now officially be working from home part-time. It's more of a seasonal job, I think, but who cares! I hadn't planned to work much if at all outside the home, so this is just fluff income. The pay is like taking a 90% pay cut from my previous working salary, but I don't care much these days for rolling in the dough.
Maybe my ambitions are low, but I feel like I have all I need (materialistically speaking) and I don't want the temptation of another full income's possibilities. Of course, if I needed to go back to work to support our family I would. But, if I don't need to, I am happy as a clam running the Lemon household. I had no idea how much time/effort go into cleaning and cooking, etc when you give it your full attention. I make a lot of things from scratch these days (bread, rolls, tortillas, desserts, broth, etc) and I feel so much more fulfilled in providing home cooked, nutritious meals/food than when I was working a full time crazy busy job.
For anyone reading this that has a paying job , more power to ya! Do what you like, do what you need to do. I'm not trying to knock anyone that works...I enjoyed parts of it when I was working full time, for sure. But, there's nothing like the feeling that you are where you're suppose to be...and meant to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment