I went in today for my yearly "womanly" check-up. Fun? Oh, you know it! Aside from the regular exam that we women know all too well, I talked with my doctor about our attempts at starting a family. It's been close to 10 months that we've been trying and though many people tell me to give it a year, especially with the stress of a recent move, I'm anxious. I might as well do the necessary and find out the basics...so they checked today for normal hormone levels. Who knows, maybe they're low!? Paul always does remark at how "normal" I am compared to a lot of very hormonal, cry-baby or shooting- through -the roof raging women. I find out the results tomorrow.
Also, the doctor did say (though everything looks normal) I could have an ultrasound done to be sure everything is looking good. So, maybe I'll do that just to be sure.
The bigger reason for this post, is to share with y'all the glory of my near fainting experience when they drew my blood. Let's get this straight - the sight of blood doesn't make me queasy. Never has. When I'm given a shot or have blood drawn, I just look the other way. Not because I want to avoid the sight of blood, but because I dont like how the needle looks slipping into my vein. Naaaasty.
So, the nurse tried my left arm's vein. No luck...she told me I must be dehydrated b/c the darn vein collapsed. Oops. (didn't drink much water this am so I wouldnt have to run to the toilet!) So, on to right arm. And...the vein was better, but she had to get out a special teeny-tiny needle. And, she said "this might take a while." Great. So, she's taking my blood (3 vials for crap's sake!) and I start to feel light headed. No problem, I'll struggle through it. Finally, I tell her I'm not feeling well and it all starts - my vision is blacking out, I lose some of my hearing (weird, huh?) and I'm sweating like a 500 pound gorilla. I dont remember anything anyone said to me, but suddenly the nurse yells at someone to get a wheelchair so they can take me to lie down somewhere. Then, all the sudden I have a cup of orange juice in my hand and I can hear and see! Hallelujah!!! Wow, that was rough. And, that was embarassing!
Apparently I lost all my color, but I'm happy to report my pink cheeks are back and my lips look a little more alive. You can count me out for donating blood to you if you're ever in need.
No comments:
Post a Comment