Sunday, March 21

Letting go

We've had a fabulous past few weeks with out of town guests stopping by and staying with us. We've had both family members and friends come this way, and it was so great to see you all! Anyone who hasn't been down this way yet, please come visit! You're welcome any time (as long as we're home!).

Paul's been searching for new jobs lately. Jobs within Wells Fargo and jobs outside of Wells Fargo. He has days where he can tolerate his job , but the bad days typically outweigh the good ones. He initially took this job as a stepping stone to get to where he wants to be, but no positions have opened up lately for where he wanted to land. I think he's become pretty "squirmy" where he's at and can't wait much longer for a new opportunity.

Paul did travel in a prior job, it ended up being just about 5 or 6 times a year. Not much, and though it was hard to see him go, I know he enjoyed the change of pace with work. He doesnt travel any more, but is now looking for a job that may have travel opportunities. Honestly, I've felt a bit possessive and fearful over the idea. Probably just because the last several years, he's not traveled much. For some reason, I'm afraid to let him go maybe just because I'm afraid that it will become too much time away from home. Since we hopefully will have kids some day, I'm thinking ahead and how hard it could be to be the sole parent for a few nights or a week on occasion.

But, I guess it's just me being selfish. I know this is something he's truly excited about and wants to seek more of. We've talked about how it's best to turn down opportunities that take him away from home too much. So, what am I afraid of then? Maybe just letting go and embracing a little change in our lives is what makes me flee. After all, I just moved across the U.S. to embrace a whole new life...so I'm not sure I'm ready for more change!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, Alexa. I was always a wreck when Trent went on business trips. He's only been on four or five that I remember, and I went with him once. That first one was terrifying -- we were newlyweds and lived in an apartment in Des Moines. He was gone for maybe three or four days -- sleeping alone and being terrified were the worst! I had my softball bat at my bedside, just in case. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I know how you feel about the travel! I don't like being left alone for a few days, either. So I don't think you're selfish, just normal.

    ReplyDelete