I cant believe I'm doing two posts in one week, but sometimes it just feels good to write "life lessons" out. My last post was my complaining session about how we haven't started a family yet...and as hard as that was for me to put that out there, I'm happy to say that how I handle that situation has been such a learning experience.
I've been thinking lately about how, when we want something that we don't have, it can become an obsession. We can't get through life, because we don't have this one thing. It doesnt matter if the "thing" is starting a family, having more money, new shoes, a home, a job...the lesson is the same. Why cant we learn to be thankful for what we already have? It is such a struggle for me sometimes to give up my feeling of entitlement, as if I know what I deserve next in life. I certainly deserve nothing more than I already have...and I'm rich beyond my realization. Maybe not money- wise, but in so many other ways.
Think of all the blessings we have in being Americans (granted, there are many things I dont like about our government, but put it in perspective!) we have the freedom to choose our religion. We have the freedom to work and own homes and live in (relative) safety. We dont have to worry about our grocery markets, schools and businesses being bombed on a regular basis like some countries in the East.
Think of how we are blessed with our health...everyone has their share of health issues, but I'm so thankful I'm not blind or deaf, and I have two arms and two legs! I have a husband who loves me and treats me well! I have a roof over my head and food to eat every day...even though it may not be all that tasty!
Anyway, you get the point. As a way to cheer my soul up after a day of complaining, it feels good to remind me and anyone else out there, to count your blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment