Its been a while since I've written, so here's proof I'm still alive! Haven't had anything very remarkable to mention on here lately, so I let some time go by before writing a new entry.
Life has been chugging along at its mostly typical slower pace. We continue to get to know the people in our church small group, and enjoy our time with friends down here we knew before moving.
I spent this past Tuesday with a friend who has a 1 month old son. He is such a cutie! Our friends named him Jesse (which, in my opinion is a fabulous name...my brother's name is Jesse!) and he is such a content little guy. This is my friend and her husband's first, so they really got spoiled with having a no fuss baby. Well, at least so far he's not fussy.
So, I spent all afternoon with my friend and her son. We ate at a great little brick oven pizza place and then walked to Bath and Body Works. We were at a place called Firewheel Mall - it's like a pedestrian mall where you walk outdoors to all the shops. There's a cool, huge fountain and park in the middle of the shopping area. And, on weekends they have a farmer's market that I have yet to try.
Since Paul and I don't have kids yet (still trying for #1!), it was a good eye opener to spend the day with my friend and her newborn. You realize just how much your world revolves around that little person! Yes, I'm pretty in the dark about all that...especially since I'm the baby of the family and never had the "luxury", haha, of taking care of younger siblings. And, I've only babysat about 6 times in my life. (Did I mention I've never changed a diaper in my life either??) Ha! So, yes, please laugh at me and the great time I'll have adjusting whenever we do have kids. I'll probably be one of those moms that has a forever colichy baby.
Anyway, I got to hold Jesse and try my hand at feeding him his bottle. Also tried setting up the stroller when we were out...oh boy. I failed miserably! Strollers these days have so many features to them, yet they remain a mystery as to how to get them open and ready to use.
I finished the week out by painting our master bathroom (I'll post pictures later), going to small group Saturday and having friends over for dinner Sunday. All in all, it was a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment