A friend of ours recently moved to the Dallas area from Des Moines. Pretty, cool huh? Now if we could only transport a few more friends down here...(Amber?? :) ) This friend and his girlfriend invited us up to there place in Frisco, which was a mere 60 minute drive for us. Yeah, huge city this is!!
We started out with sushi at a great new place in Frisco. Another couple joined us, invited by our friends. The plans for the rest of the night ?? Rock Band. Oh yes. I must say I have never played it before, and I'm typically a shy person, so that sounded WAAAY out of my element. I refused to participate. I got nominated for singing... no way! I reverted back to my child-like protests so often used when I was 5 - "No, you cant force me to sing if I dont want to! I wil NOT sing at ALL!".
1 hour later I was singing...and later playing the guitar...and later playing the drums...oh yes. I tried it all. Let me tell you - I thought the drums would be the easiest, but no! They are torture! You have to coordinate using the pedal for one drum and then you have 4 different drums you have to try and jam on all at the appropriate time for each. Ohhhh, it was awful. I stayed away from that as much as I could. Did I mention the couple who's house we were at also had the smoke machine for Rock Band? Oh yeah, so there was a house full of smoke to accompany the chaos...and even concert lights!
Paul actually wound up singing more than me. Surprised? So was I. He was a great sport. I'm proud to say we actually had a lot of fun and I would try it again.
It would be awesome to move down there!!! I am super impressed you tried Rock Band. I have yet to play it, but everyone tells me it's super fun.
ReplyDelete