Another week is over and we are a few days closer to spring. The weather has been up and down here - from 40s to 70s just a couple weeks ago. Its been cool and cloudy lately, but the grass has started greening up, so I'm feeling a bit better about spring coming!
There's a sort of routine starting to emerge, which I love. I typically have Mondays free, Tuesdays I volunteer (then watch Amercian Idol at night...lol, yes, I'm addicted), Wednesday I have a morning Bible study at church with other women, Thursdays we have small group fellowship time, and then Saturdays we have church, small group and usually hang out afterwards. Its only taken, what...7 months to get here?? I know, I expected it. And, yes, it will be even longer before this really feels like home. But, God has really done a lot for us, just in bringing great, fun-loving people into our lives down here. Our small group is awesome, and we are enjoying getting connected with those people.
I've also been spending more time chatting with the meal recipients at my volunteer time. Orville, who I've mentioned before, always has words of wisdom to share. A couple weeks ago, he was saying how "the world would be much better if everyone knew God and did what He told them too." So true. I was shocked to find out that there are times when Orville cant afford food, with his small amount of income from social security. He has to skip meals sometimes, but he has the best attitude of anyone I know. He keeps on thanking God for providing for him the ways He has. Amazing. Isnt it shocking to think of all the less fortunate people here in the US we forget about? I guess when I think of people starving, I think of the countries of China or somewhere else. And here, 25 minutes down the road there are people who struggle to find food to eat. That was an eye opener.
My birthday is coming up, and, I was pleased to find out my Wednesday bible study was planning a potluck that day in my honor. Okay, well, maybe not exactly like that...it just so happened that the day they chose is my birthday. Yippee! Call me self-absorbed, but I'm gonna go right on pretending they're throwing the potluck in my honor!
No comments:
Post a Comment