Saturday, February 20

No escape from the snow

(Frosty's a bit pissed after having to hitch a red-eye flight from Iowa down to Texas)


Well, I'm, sure most of you heard that a week ago the Dallas area got about 10 inches of snow. It snowed Thursday into Friday and was a beautiful, heavy snow. Now, I wasn't very happy to see the snow, but it was SO pretty! I got lots of pictures, so I'll post some in here. The good news - the snow was gone by Saturday. Yeah, that's my kind of snow! I guess I dont mind an occasional snow here, and our friends down here tell us they haven't had so much snow in about 20 years. Makes me feel better!

Thankfully it only lasted two days!



My birthday was this past week, so the week was a blur of preparing for that and a few other things going on. For my birthday, Paul made me a yummy (and complicated) macaroni souffle. Mmm. So good! It took him 2 hours, the poor guy. He made it from scratch (all but the noodles I guess) along with home made sangria. I am spoiled, for sure. We spent Thursday in downtown Dallas checking out museums and walking around, looking like foolish tourists. I'm sure the downtown regulars got a kick out of us white bread walkin around with a texas sized downtown map in hand. I have no pride to lose :)

A couple from our church small group opened their house to 12 teenage boys for a church retreat this wekeend. We volunteered to help feed them breakfast and Paul went over to their house to make sure the boys didnt tear the walls down or break anything. According to him, all went okay. It probably helped that the boys decided to have their "wrestle mania" outside. Woulda loved to see that!!

Tonight we had a city chamber of commerce banquet. Paul is on the Economic Development Commission for our city, so he and I were invited. It was pretty fun, and the best part is, we got a free meal. Yep! Thanks, city of Lavon for footing the $80 for both of us to attend! We sat with one of the younger city councilmen and his wife for dinner. His wife is my age so we got to chat it up. They've got two kids and she is from Australia (and has the cutest accent!). We swapped numbers at the end of the night, so I told Paul I got a hot date out of it at least ;). On a serious level though, it was great to meet another stay at home wife so we can hang out during the day!

So, it's been a hectic last week, but now we are off to Houston to see Paul's cousin. From there, we're driving to Corpus Christi/Padre Island to catch some beach time and sun. Until then, my (mostly ) Iowa friends and family, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment