Anyway, here's a picture of our mantle that I just finished last night. Not bad for making do with the little I have, eh? We're going to do Christmas cards this year, so I wanted to make sure we had a good place to take our "family " picture.
My exciting news for this week is that we tried out another small group at church, and I think we will settle here. Everyone was real friendly and invited us out to dinner after group and to their Christmas party and to another get together they have during the week. The other groups we visited, it just felt like people would talk to you out of duty. I just got the feeling they were doing it just to be nice, not because they truly cared to make a new friend or make them feel welcome. Maybe I'm wrong, but you know how you just pick up on those things?
Anyway, most the people in this group are probably younger than Paul and I, but you know - it doesnt really matter. They are at least out of college and some of the girls are having their first baby. So, we fit right in there...we'll hopefully have a kid in the next year, so we'll cross our fingers. Its just great to finally have a group of people to focus on getting to know. Especially when you feel like they want you to be a part of their group. Ah, contentment!
Well, since we are doing our Christmas cards soon, if you'd like to receive one please send me your home address! I dont have everyones, so please send it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment