While I'm wasting away my Sunday evening at home, I thought I'd updated the ol blog. Paul is pounding around in the attic, working on some project up there, so I'm trying to distract myself from the noise.
This week a lot of "firsts" happened. Mostly good things. One or two bad things. I guess I can't ask for all good things to happen to me. Anyway, here's a highlight:
1. We had our first social outing with new friends our age. Ahhhh! Finally, we feel normal again, because alas! We have friends! We went out with two couples from our church's small group Saturday night. We ate at a pizza place and had FABulous pizza. Paul was super excited that one of the guys works in the same field he does...this is pretty rare since Paul's job is pretty unique.
2. The first snow of the year happened this week. No, I didnt see it so I'm still in denial. Paul said he saw a little on his way to work in Plano, about 40 mins SE of here. Thank God we are not getting the winter weather I hear Iowa is due (I've turned into quite a winter weenie already).
3. I found my first (hold your breath now) FULL length gray hair. (Arrrrgh!) Sometimes its just those springy little 2 inch grays that pop out of my head. But no, this one was the full length of my hair. How'd it sneak past me? No matter, it's long gone.
4. I wrote my first Christmas letter, ever!!! Yeeeeeah! Never done that before, so I guess now is a good time to start since I'm 11 hours away from most of my friends and family...and I like to think they are waiting on pins and needles for any communication from the south :).
So, there ya have it. I'm a little older (due to the gray hair) and a little more socially normal after hanging out with some people our age. I sure hope they liked us :)
No way they wouldn't like you guys! Jared had to wake up super early to shovel the driveway. I bet you guys really miss that.
ReplyDeleteAmber
Amber, you are too kind! Thanks!! Yeah, feeling pretty good about our no snow/45 degree temps today!! :p
ReplyDelete