Wednesday, December 16

3, 2, 1 - Blast off!

We leave to head back to Iowa for Christmas in 2 days. I'm trying to finish shopping early and get my packing list in order today, so I can pack tomorrow and still have time for Paul and I to celebrate our Christmas before we leave.

My route for Meals on Wheels changed recently, so I drove my new route yesterday. Got to meet some more people and chatted it up with this old guy named Orville. What a cool name :). Orville lives alone (his wife died several years ago) with his dog. He was such a sweet old man and the poor guy was lonely for friends. We talked outside for a good half hour before I told him he needed to get inside before he got sick. Yes, it was cold yesterday - only in the upper 30s in the morning.

This past weekend we had our friends Lloyd and Christa over. They are having their first baby here soon, she is due in January. We had fun showing them the new house and catching up before they get even more busy with the baby. The same day, we had church at 6 and small group after. A bunch of couples from small group decided to go to IHOP afterwards, so we enjoyed a late night breakfast. I'm soooo happy we're finally involved in a small group. The couples in this group are hilarious! And, they all are so friendly, such a blessing after having so many months of very few friends. Our weekend was complete with more friends coming over Sunday to play Texas 42. Oh yeah, and more Texas 42 with friends on Monday. I'm ready for a break from that darn game!

So, Merry Christmas early! I wont have a chance to write since we'll be busy in IA here soon, so I hope y'all have a blessed Christmas and remember the true reason why we celebrate this holiday - because of the birth of Christ, who (thankfully) has saved a lowly person like me through His sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment