Thanksgiving is approaching and I'm happy to tell you that we've been invited somewhere for Thanksgiving! Yaaay! I was envisioning Paul and I having a romantic macaroni and cheese fare, then settling down for a long day of watching the walls and repeatedly asking ourselves "what should we do now?". Thank God!!! I will not be doing that.
Our neighbor's daughter lives in McKinney, about 30 mins from here. We'll be joining them, along with 20 other family members of theirs for a feast and some Texas football. I'm excited to have something to do, and we are truly blessed to have such generous neighbors. I'm so thankful that God placed us in the house that He did, because our neighbors have helped us transition to our new life down here. What a blessing!
Anyway. I'm trying to recall what's happened in the past week, since a lot has actually gone on. We've been working away on finishing up our flower bed in front and are about done with it. I'm sure the neighbors are secretly rejoicing that we no longer have a weed patch in front, since everyone's yard seems to be tastefully landscaped. I'm trying!! We went to church Saturday and went to a small group to try it out. Everyone was real nice and three of the 4 girls there are pregnant. So...I asked them all "Oh, is this everyone's first?" To which they replied "Nope, third kid!!". Ohhhhhh. Okay, I thought I was just a tad behind in child bearing...but three kids behind these girls? Mind you, they are maybe 2-3 years older than me, but c'mon! Wow, do I feel behind.
I know, I know..."get on the ball , Alexa!". Yeah, we're trying. Believe me, I hear the clock ticking in my head. I think Paul is starting to hear it too, now that he's realized he's not a spring chicken anymore. Ohhhhh boy. Here's to hoping we can have a kid before Paul sprouts grey hair!! (Actually, I already beat him too it...a couple years ago!) Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment