Sunday, October 4

Take me out to the ball game....

For once we actually had a halfway busy weekend. Amidst the unpacking and arranging and re-arranging furniture ( I still dont like how it is arranged), we decided to have people over. Even though everything isnt in it's place yet, who cares??? So we had some friends over and played a game, complete with dessert later. It was great! It was the first time we had non-family members to our new house, so it was a good time.

We've been talking with the neighbors quite a bit, and we've tried a few times to get together. Finally on Saturday we made plans to have dinner at their house. The guy is an ex-major league baseball player from the 60s and 70s. Pretty cool, right? I mean, I dont get into baseball, but not everyone gets to live next to someone that played in the majors. Our neighbors had another young couple over for dinner from their church, so we had a fun time chattin it up. The neighbor even gave us an autographed baseball and some cards with his stats on it. He's played for the Yankees, Giants, Cardinals and Cubs. He was definitely not shy about telling us of is accomplishments. Lol.

So, it was a fun weekend. Things are finally starting to settle down and we can again enjoy free time. It feels great to be settled and to be able to look forward to increasing our pool of friends and knowing the area more. When I think of what might of been if we stayed in Iowa, I'm glad now that we took the "leap of faith" and moved. I was beginning to feel stagnant there, and a bit antsy. So, thanks to Paul for pushing me towards an adventure. Its not the easiest thing in the world to embark on, but when you have a companion by your side, it makes the ride a lot more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment