Paul's family came to visit over this past weekend and we are mourning the loss of our company! It was so nice to have a house full of people to cook for and talk with. I love Paul, but when its just the two of us ALL the time, you run out of things to say occasionally. Paul's family is a lot of fun, and his mom has an uncanny sense of perceiving just what you need. It was a hectic last week with packing and unpacking furiously to prepare for our guests, but Paul's mom brought plenty of food to share and leave with us. Tonight's dinner was compliments of his mom - thank you Sue!!! I am still recovering from all the work we've done around here, so it's a GOD send to not have to cook tonight!
We got pretty far in our projects this weekend and even had time to do fun stuff with the fam. We visited the lake that is 2 minutes from our house and took the dog swimming, we went to Ikea (yay!!), and visited a church together. This church we've gone to about 6 times now is huge - it has about 10,000 people combined between the 4 different services they offer Sat and Sun. Amazing, isnt it? Afterwards, we hopped over to Taco Cabana - a fast food mex place which is a cross between Taco bell and Pancheros...and the best part is that they serve margaritas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great way to unwind after a hectic week!
So anyway, we said goodbye tonight to our apartment. We cleaned it up and said goodbye to Dustin, the awesome sales guy that works the office. And...we grabbed one last cookie from the clubhouse. Dang it, I'm really going to miss the free cookies. As great as it is to be in a house again, I will miss the cozy little apartment where we made our first memories in Texas. I'll miss the great places to go on walks in that neighborhood and the convenience of being close to all the stores I like. Now, the closest store to us is Dollar General. Ugh. This is going to take some getting used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment