We've been working like dogs, with Paul working FT and then working til 9 or 10 at night on the house, and me working from about 1 or 2 until 6 or 7 at night cleaning. Let me tell you, I have NO desire to ever be a maid or in housekeeping for a hotel. Do you know how gross it is to clean toilets and bathrooms of people who dont give a rip about cleanliness? I'm sorry if I sound prissy, but YUCK! These bathrooms are disgusting. Toilets with crusted on urine, spit wads on the ceiling, dead spiders behind the toilet. Ugh. I literally thought I would be sick yesterday when I cleaned the guest bathroom. I guess the highlight is that I know the bathroom has a healthy dose of Lysol or bleach disinfectant seeping into its cracks and crevices.
We got the new flooring for the formal dining, living and master bedrooms installed this week. It looks great, and I'm not afraid to sit on the floor now! No seriously, the carpet before was so stained with who knows what, I wouldnt walk on it without shoes. I take that back. There was one time (count it - O-N-E) only that I walked on it with bare feet. And....AND....what happened? I wasnt watching where I was going and my foot stepped on something really sticky. Yeah, last time I tried that.
So, I'll post a picture of our new flooring. Looks much better and its clean! (Well, not quite, its still dusty from the installers cutting the stone fireplace to put the flooring underneath). Ta da!! Much better, right? It's laminate flooring (more durable than wood) and is called "American Apple." Mmmm. Makes me hungry.
It's beautiful! :o) I guess the good thing about spending so much time cleaning is that you'll know for a fact that it's clean and disinfected. :o) And keeping it clean *should* be really easy. And when you can finally settle in and enjoy it, you'll remember it was all worth it and forget the crusted on urine, which sounds disgusting and I hope you wore gloves. :o)
ReplyDelete