Monday, September 14

Fresh air

We got our appliances today - a new stainless steel fridge and smooth top stove, woohoo! I am waaay excited to have these, since all we've had at the house for the past two weeks is a microwave.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've written, and I just know all you die hard blog fans are missing my super exciting posts (please, dont laugh too hard), so here we go. Last Friday, a friend of mine came to help me clean the house. This friend, is actually a friend of my parents, and she and her husband moved to the Dallas area a few months before we did. So, we cleaned windows and painted and had lots of fun chatting. It was super great to have someone to talk to while working..makes the time go a lot faster!

This weekend we drove around to a ritzy part of town, called Preston Hollow. Somewhere in this huge, awesomely rich neighborhood is Mr. George W. Bush. Yep, Ex-President George. It's not like we're die hard fans of him or something, we just wanted to see what kind of huge house he bought after living at the White House. While I'm sorry to say we didnt find Georgie's house, we did find some awesome estates. It was like...South of Grand on steroids, for all you Des Moinians who know the South of Grand area. Every house had a huge sculpted gate around their estate and these houses, no kidding, looked like mini mansions. While we were driving around , we were remarking at the beautifully manicured lawns and landscaping. Paul said "how the heck do they keep up with the yard??" To which I responded "with many mexicans..." No doubt. Its funny, even in our neighborhood we're living in temporarily (its similar to Johnston), people hire mexicans to cut their lawn, trim their trees and oh yes, EVERYONE here edges their lawn. Those who dont edge are looked down upon. Ok, not really but it sure seems like it.

So, my day is complete , seeing as my appliances have now arrived and I accomplished some mor cleaning. I just finished dinner, a la Paul (i.e. - he put a frozen pizza in the oven) and will leave you with some warm fuzzies from earlier today...


Our new stove....(golf claps in the background..oooh! ahhh!) I can see my feet in the stove's reflection...

New fridge. I think Paul just wanted it because of the cool buttons...

And, the icing on the cake....here's a video of my one and only "child". This is titled "Life with a 4 year old...dog that is!" Those of you who get my blog emailed, if the video doesn't work, try accessing it direct from my blog page: lemongal/blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. Nice appliances! Did you go with that green for your kitchen or was that already there? I hope you really didn't want to read that newspaper...lol Does Lady slide around on your hardwood floors? Emma and Tucker spin out on our linoleum sometimes. It's pretty cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I just got done painting the green...love it! Yes, Lady does slide around on the floors a lot! She gets crazy and runs circles around the living room, slipping and tumbling as she goes :) Its awesome!
    I can just picture your cats spinning out - hilarious!

    ReplyDelete