So, I keep hearing people on the radio or t.v. refer to 2012 as being the year the world ends. It has something to do with a Mayan calendar predicting this and now other people are buying into this theory too. Okay. Really, do you think since God didn't intend us to know when the end was coming, that we would know three years ahead of time? No. I know in my parents generation, they were convinced too that those years were the last. Though I know the world will end one day, c'mon. Lets just leave it to the divine mystery it is suppose to be. Yes, we're suppose to be preparing as Christians, but we we're not intended to know the exact time or day.
Okay. Not what I was planning on talking about, but it just made me laugh today when I heard that. SO! We went to the State Fair this weekend. Texas' state fair runs for almost 4 weeks and is pretty cool. They had an auto and luxury auto show , diving shows based on Pirates of the Caribbean, the US Marine Corps band, and of course all the food that all the other fairs have. Though, I must say they are the capital of fried food. Some new ones we saw - fried lattes, fried pb&j sandwiches, fried pies and the best..........fried butter. Really. Someone actually told me they were looking forward to getting some. Yuuuuuck! All together, it was a pretty big fair but they also had a lot of the same things IA does - horses, cows, game shows, cars, etc. I will say that Oprah was there when we were at the fair. That doesn't usually happen in Iowa.
So, we had a great time. We took the railway there and got to see a lot of the city and downtown again. Its pretty fun living in a big city and having all the shopping and cool museums and attractions close by. So anyway, here are some pictures from our trip. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment