Sunday, January 23
Options
Guess it's time to fire up the ol blog again since its been a month from my last entry. Things have become hectic around here, as we're both now working full time and have busy 9-12 hour days away from home. The toughest part about working is the commute. Not so bad for me - about 45 minutes to work but then 55 minutes to get back home. Paul's has been 80 miles round trip since he took his new job (still with Wells) in Irving, which is clear across the metroplex.
Anyway, factoring in commute time and work time, it has me feeling strained at home to still cover the laundry, dinner, lunches for work, and throw into that grocery shopping, errand running and trying to balance cleaning the house for company on the weekends. Busyness is an understatement. It feels great in a lot of ways to be back in the working world, but I do miss the laid back, time on my hands feel of staying at home. Either way, I know this is where God wants me right now, so it's a matter of adjustment.
Anymore, weekends are reserved for sheer laziness and vegging. We dont move far from the couch when Friday night comes, and its become a time I truly value since we dont have to be anywhere and can soak up time just the two of us. Paul is usually home by 8 weeknights, so our evenings during the week together are pretty short. This weekend a few couples and us went to a shooting range (only in Texas!!!) to try some guns out. Paul's been looking at buying one (you cant live in Texas without owning a gun. Pretty sure there's an unwritten law about that) and of course EVERY guy from our small group (and actually a few girls) have their own arsenal at home.
So, naturally, Paul thought it a good time to start his collection. He's been going to the range with various guys to try the guns they own. Today we tried some more that a few other friends have...and we rented some. Pretty crazy. I got to try a few out...one of the girls let me try her .22 caliber and it was pretty nice! Not much kick, easy to aim, easy to load. I have no plans to buy a gun, but if I did, it'd be this one.
All in all, it was a pretty hilarious time. I think I'm that much closer to earning my "I'm a Texan" card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bwahahahahaha!
ReplyDelete