I've been up since 5 am in wild anticipation of work being canceled. Yep, we've had one of our first few southern ice storms. Thank GOD for ice storms, because that equals a day off for me! Our patio is a sheet of ice and I'm afraid our palm that we planted is going to snap under the weight of the (now) sopping wet sheet meant to protect it from this "arctic blast". Oh, things are so different here than they are up north.
Anyway. I accepted a permanent position last week with Liberty Mutual as a Commercial Underwriter. I'm pretty excited to get back into underwriting and be challenged more than what my letter folding, data entry, no- brainpower -required job offers. It truly is a huge blessing to be offered a job with such a large and reputable company. Liberty is an international corporation with over 45,000 employees. To go from working for Merchants (around 100 people) to over 45,000 people is drastic to say the least. Though I like small companies better, our regional Dallas office is much smaller, and the people I work with feel just like family. Hopefully it will prove to be a good place to stay.
The pay is outstanding, the benefits are very generous and there's so much room to move around if I find I want to change job directions. I'll have to travel a bit more with this job (about every 6-8 weeks) , but I'm hoping it gives me a chance to score frequent flyer miles to bring me back to Iowa often. I have two weeks left in my temp job , then I'll start with my permanent job on Valentine's Day.
So, here we go. Jumping back into the career pool and hoping I dont get burnt out again. Hopefully before too long I can make a career change to a Mommy, but for now I want to focus on doing by best at this new job. Here's to hoping!
Congratulation to you on your new position. It is so good to have a positive outlook on life. All the best on this new temporary job!:-) Still believing that your permanent job is soon on it's way.
ReplyDelete