Hard to believe its already December. Christmas parties for work, our neighborhood and church are coming up over the next three weeks, so I've been practicing eating lots of good food, like the case of about 30 Ferrero Rocher chocolates Paul bought me today. I highly recommend the coconut ones. Awesomeness!
We celebrated our 2nd Thanksgiving away from home this year. We again tagged along with our neighbors and made the 45 minute trek to McKinney to be with their extended family. We had fun catching up with the family members we met last year, and of course over-stuffed ourselves with warm casseroles, fresh bread and even a smoked turkey.
The new temp job is going well and we had our holiday party today. It was pretty low key, but still nice to be appreciated (even though I've not been there long enough to have worked for appreciation), and given a free lunch.
Its so weird adjusting to a new work environment. It is so different from Merchants, and I have to say I think I prefer working for a smaller company. I miss the family feel of knowing everyone by name, including their family. I miss the birthday food parties and the laughs we'd all have after completing a call with a nutty or grumpy agent or attorney. Ah, those were the days. What I miss the most are the friends I made at Merchants. The people here are so different, and I wonder if I'll ever "connect" with them. I know it takes time, but sometimes it just feels like we'll never find common ground.
Regardless, I'm thankful to be where I am. It's an easy job to do, and it's great to just come to work and go home at 5:00 on the dot. I dont miss the days of working late or coming in early to finish up an account or to try and please an agent.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy leftovers for many days in a row. Mmmm!
No comments:
Post a Comment