Sunday, November 14

Job

This week, I landed a full time temporary job, working through a temp agency. The job is suppose to go through the end of this year, with the possibility of it extending into the new year.

The way this job came up was pretty neat. I posted my resume this summer on monster.com and never expected to hear anything on it. When I first looked for jobs after college, monster's site brought nothing but gimmick offers and junk email. Anyway, the temp agency was looking to fill a position in Surety Claims department for Liberty Mutual. Since they had never staffed a job for surety, they went on monster.com and eventually found my resume.

I'm excited to get started! Dont know when my first day is, but it will probably be in the next week. The job itself is pretty low key and repetitive, but after the intense and incredibly involved underwriting position I had before, this is sounding perfect. For now.

I'll miss my freedom to do what I want, when I want, but I am looking forward to meeting more people and having a little extra money as well. And, it will be a good distraction for me to not be constantly worrying about my future and when kids will come into the picture. For now, starting a family will be my dream job. Not sure if it will ever happen, but I'll choose to believe one day it will.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on your present pleasant distraction. I am believing also that one day you will receive your ultimate dream job!
    I get to talk to my doctor on Wednesday, since I missed her call on Friday evening. She said she read my medical records from Kansas and wants to talk about the plan. What that means I eagerly wait to find out. Any answers right now, feel good to me. I hate groping around in the dark. It causes my imagination to event monsters that don't really exist. Again all the best at your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe it will happen one day too, lex. hang in there, and enjoy the change of pace for now while you wait!

    ReplyDelete