Friday, August 21

Odds and Ends

Yesterday Paul and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Yeeeeah! We made it! Not like I didnt think we would, but still. It's always to fun to cross the threshold of another year of commitment, especially when so many people these days value marriage and it's commitment less and less.

What did we do, you ask? We ran errands, sat around and stared at the walls, and so on and so on. Yes, a splendid day. We did go to a late dinner at The Harbor, a lakeside shopping center with restaurants on the bay. We ate at a restaurant overlooking the harbor of the lake, so it was pretty fun. There was even a live concert at the lake that night, so we got in on some free music. By the time we ate dinner, it was about 9 and getting dark. We watched the sunset from the patio and could see thunderheads in the distance flashing lightning in their clouds. Pretty good date night I guess!

We went to the house yesterday and got to meet some of our new neighbors. I think they're in their 6os or 70s and the husband (Lindy) is an ex Major League baseball player. No, seriously! He played for the Major leagues in the 60s and 70s. He played for the NY Yankees, SF Giants, St. Louis Cardinals and one other team I cant remember. So cool! He gave us autographed cards and everything. Secretly I've been debating selling them on e-bay.

So, all in all, it was a fun day. We finally will be living by some neighbors that are friendly and like to talk to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment