Tuesday, August 11

Just like kids

While we're waiting to get possession of our home , Paul and I have been enjoying lots of free time goofin' around town, seeing the sites and visiting different parks and lakes. I was going to post some pictures of our last excursion we went on, but I left my memory card at home (drr!). So, maybe next time I'll post pictures of our trip.

Anywho, we've made good use of the pool at the apartment. Usually, we have it all to ourselves if we go at 9:30 at night. It closes at 10pm. So, for 1/2 an hour (usually more, shhh...dont tell anyone we're breaking the pool rules) or more, we swim and goof around like kids on vacation. Its become ritual that before we jump in, we skim the pool with the skimming net to remove the water logged bugs and flower petals from the surrounding trees. As simple and mundane as a task it is, we argue over who gets to skim the pool when we first arrive. Why, you ask? Not sure. Last night it was my turn to skim, but Paul jumped in the pool with the skimmer first. The conversation that followed ran just like two kids arguing:

me: "Paul! You said it was MY turn to skim when we got here. Give it back!"
paul: "Get in the pool and take it from me then."
me: "Hey! No! You told me I got to skim the pool this time, I dont want to get in the pool yet"
paul: "well, guess you cant skim then, since I have it"
alexa: "but you said it was my turn!!!!! You're such a liar!!"

Oh my. What children we've turned into. In a fun way though. To entertain ourselves, we've been having a grand ol time seeing who can beat who across the pool while swimming only with our arms (no leg kicks!) or who can move the fastest on their back across the pool. And, we of course have had many "Who can make the biggest splash" shows. Belly flops, twirling flops, smacking the water with your hands while twirling. You name it, we've tried it.

I'm sure if anyone were watching us secretly, they might think we were little kids trapped in grown up bodies. Oh well. Its worth it, cause its so entertaining. Go ahead and laugh, my pride isnt hurt. Lol. Sometimes, the best times are the ones where you forget your age and act accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. PREACH IT! It is far beyond time for adults to forget their inhibitions and just. be. kids. We use the same philosophy in our home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! Life's not fun enough unless you act like an idiot and forget yourself!

    ReplyDelete