We just got back from a quick trip to Iowa to catch up with family and a few friends. If we didnt get a chance to visit you , I'm sorry :( We hope to come up in August or September and make more rounds next time.
The last time we were in Iowa was August, so to say I was homesick would be an understatement. I was able to do a "meet halfway" roadtrip in October to see my sis, niece and mom , and my parents came in February this year. While in Iowa, we had a blast sleeping in , catching up and playing hard in the beautiful Iowa weather (beautiful weather, minus the first few days we were there!)
It was so good to be home and just relax. It was a relief to be surrounded by loved ones and enjoy a slower pace of life for once. Best of all, we were able to spend time around our 8 month old niece, Lilah, pictured above. What a sweetie!
We recently found out that our journey to have our own biological family has come to an end. Sad news of course and we were, and still are at times discouraged and confused. We know God can make miracles, but at this point it is beyond our human abilities and human science to start a family. So, as we wait and pray and try to sort through confusion and disappointment, we hope to look into adoption after the dark clouds of this news pass. Why rush the healing process?
If we do adopt, I want it to be for the right reasons - not just to fulfill my desires. There is more to adoption than just that! Not to mention the lengthy process and thousands of dollars it takes to accomplish adoption. We're certainly unsure of whether this is for us or not.
We would appreciate your prayers as we figure all this out and if you have any adoption stories/advice, please share!
I have no words of comfort or advice (I wish I did!), but I certainly will pray.
ReplyDeleteHi Alexa,
ReplyDeletewho could believe that your last post was in May. I have been checking to see what fun stuff you and Paul have been up too. I miss seeking pictures and hearing your thoughts on life as you know it and live it!