Sunday, October 24

Dealing with lemons

We finally made some headway in our journey to start a family. The past few weeks have been full of blood draws, lab work, appointments, phone calls, etc. We've had some good news, and we've had some discouraging news.

The discouraging news is, we have the odds against us for starting our lemon family. We got word this past week that it wont be as easy as we were hoping to start a family. Monday and Tuesday were pretty glum days, just dealing with that information.

The good news is, we're both learning to trust God in this trial. We've grown closer together and have started to learn what it means to truly love and support one another in good times and in bad. I guess until now we've not had any real trials to go through...well, besides the whole moving and starting life over again thing. Ok, so THAT was our first major trial. This is #2.

I guess we are doing well, with the news we were given. This journey is far from over, but for now, we are walking in faith and trusting that some day we'll be blessed with a family of our own. God has been so good to give us a peace that far exceeds any earthly or human induced peace. We know that God has plans for us that are better than what we can imagine.

So, though we have been dealt a lemon in our journey, just watch. We believe in time God will turn this sour, distasteful news into something sweet and joyful!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa,
    Our prayers are with you and Paul! We are so sorry to hear about this news but believe with you that with God all things are possible. Even like with Hannah. That is the prayer, that I prayed continuously when I was trying to before we became pregnant with Gabriel. I am not going to give a sermon. I know we have had our challenges!

    We send love and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! It means a lot to have your prayer and support. We will be praying for you guys as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you, Alexa. I know this is small consolation, but you have been a real inspiration to me because of how you deal with adversity.

    ReplyDelete